My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wake County Schools and Construction

I am fed up with the school systems here and their lack of thinking. We go to a year-round school in Wake county NC. Actually we are part of Franklin county and just over the border. The kids are in for 9 weeks and out for 3 weeks all year round. In the summer they are out for 5 weeks so at least I can send my child to camp. I need to still get used to this system as it is very hard if you work anywhere but at home. It is also costly as you have to find a safe place to put your child for the time that there is no school. To find a fun, affordable, safe, and nearby place for child placement is no easy task.


Anyway the real reason I am writing is that her elementary school decided to redo the gym building and the area around it. My child is in a trailer room for 4th grade which is right next to the gym. All the 4th and 5th graders are in these trailer type classrooms. UGH. Nightmares of college come back to me. Parking is limited and the kids need to be dropped out in front and walk through the kindergarten hallways and crying children. Then up an outdoor stairway past the longhaired tatoo men to the classrooms. SCARY!


What were the construction workers doing for the 5 weeks of school that it was vacant? Why not start construction end of the school year when less hectic than at the beginning? Why do all the kids run past the construction workers? Are they scary, strange, weird, or worse? Have they had background checks to work near young children? I am not saying all are bad but people need to take precautions and keep children and everyone safe. Walking around orange cones and netting and screaming past tatoo man doesnt seem like the school system is really doing there job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls