My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vaccine Time for the Ragdoll Kittens


Tomorrow (Monday) is vaccine time for the Cerafina ragdoll kittens. I really don't like needles and dislike having to be around a kitten or cat getting a vaccine. It is a necessary evil I guess. I would cringe when even my own child got a shot. The first time my child got a vaccine they told her it would only sting like a bee. The look of innocence was dashed when tears when streaming down her face. It hurt and they lied and she trusted the doctor. I don't think she ever forgot her first shot and that was years ago.
Anyway, the sweet lovable ragdoll kittens will get their first vaccines. Some don't seem to care and others protest at being held still. Some even give out a shout as it is happening. There are no tears. I don't tell them it will only sting like a bee but instead I hug each one and say it is ok. Within minutes they are running about and playing like nothing happened.
This is a good life lesson if only we could all learn. Try to accept a situation and move on. Always hope for the best and make the best of a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls