My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adopting an Adult Cat

Recently we retired and adopted out our lovely Janessa.
She just turned 3 years old last week and was adopted a few days after her birthday. She was a wonderful mom of her one and only litter and we at Megailee Ragdolls felt she would be happier in a household with only one cat or even alone. If I had a larger home I would definitely have kept our first CFA champion and home bred girl. She is so sweet and gentle with the deepest blue eyes. Her mom is Cerafina and the two look nothing alike. She does have her mom's eyes though.


A client who adopted a kitten a year ago contacted me about Janessa and we thought it would be a great home for her. I heard back a few days ago that all was well and today I received an email that Janessa is getting along with her new buddy (a 1 year old cat) and sleeping with them on the bed at night. She appears to be quite happy. That makes me feel so relieved that it was a good decision. The goal after all is the happiness of the cats (especially one's you have know since birth). With adults they sometimes may take a while to adjust to their new home as well as the resident cat. In this case it only took 3 days.

We love you Janessa! You brought us great joy and will continue to bring your new family happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls