My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cat Myths

Here are some cat myths:

1. Cats have nine lives - sometimes they just get lucky and are quite agile
2. Cats need to drink milk - after weaning age it is a no no unless you want diarrhea
3. Cats eat plants if sick - just not true
4. Cats purr whenever they are happy - true but they also purr if scared or injured. It seems to be a comfort sort of thing. They also purr when giving birth and when nursing.
5. Cats are dangerous around babies - I believe the opposite is true but I wouldn't leave the two alone.
6. Cats don't hunt if well fed - not true as hunting is an instinct. Whether they kill or not is another story. Sometimes it is accidental and they play with their food. Another time they may bring you a gift.
7. Cats can be kept from using their claws - scratching is an instinct and one way to leave their scents. Redirect the action unto acceptable places like scratch posts.
8. Cat fur causes allergies - it is the proteins in skin secretions and saliva known as dander that is the cause. Some people react more to certain breeds of cats than others.
9. Black cats are bad luck - well not all black cats. Of course if I walked under a ladder then saw a black cat cross my path on Friday the 13th I would probably go home and back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls