My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to Select a Ragdoll Cat Breeder - Interview with Lynn- Part 1


If you are reading this I assume you are in a position to select a ragdoll kitten or any purebred kitten and now need to decide how to pick a breeder. This is a hard decision as there is so much to consider. You are making an investment and want to do your homework. Sometimes the breeder is far away or out-of-state this decision or process of selecting a breeder is more difficult.





With anything in life there is no 100% guarantee but you need to make the best choice with the information that you have at any given time.





When I bought my first puppy many years ago I knew I wanted a buff colored cocker spaniel male. A found a newbie breeder who had just what I wanted and when I wanted. I contacted other breeders but they had a long wait and I didnt want to wait. They were also about $100 -$200 higher in cost. Looking back I actually contacted a BYB without knowing it and ignored "red flags" due to my emotions getting the best of me. I did get AKC papers and met the parents but were they standard and how were they raised?






Long story short- after some high cost medical issues (cherry eye) and multiple ear infections I realized my errors. Once my daughter was born and he nipped at her fingers in the crib I realized he would be better off with a more active household. She also would be better off with all her fingers and toes and I would be less stressed. Expensive lessons that was for sure. I still look at his photos and think "what an adorable little puppy". Sometimes I want another one but I have a few ragdolls and will stick with them for now. They are puppylike and I love them all.




This posting is part of series. I will interview Lynn B. and how she went about her process of selecting her breeders for her Ragdoll kittens.




TO BE CONTINUED.............................................






























No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls