My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oliver, The Bottle Fed Ragdoll Kitten Wants a Friend

Little Oliver is now 4.5 weeks old and still relying on a bottle for nourishment. Very slowly I am introducting solid food. He seems to prefer the bottle though.





He is growing and doing well. His little teeth are like needles and he can chomp down. I tried to hand feed him and he got my finger. (ouch!)





The hard part is litterbox training. I walk into his room and he races toward me. Sometimes he crawls right up my leg. I lift him up and kiss his head and then sit down. Unfortunately I often sit in a puddle of pee pee.


Using a litterbox is partly instinct and observation. Maybe I will play a video for him?








His diarrhea is a bit better. He has been on antibiotics for the past 2 days. Something about stomach bacteria. My vet's motto is when in doubt use an antibiotic. Not totally sure I agree but will try. Also canned pumpkin (not the spicy pie type) and plain yogurt or Iams hairball dry cat food is good for diarrhea as well.




Hopefully Ollie will continue to grow and get on solids and stop the tummy upsets.


Hopefully he will get a friend or enjoy his dolls. I am so upset when I hear him crying. Of course I run into his room when his happens. He deserves happiness and is such a sweet boy. He stares right at me with his BIG EYES. We here at Megailee Ragdolls love him so and who knows it is tempting to want him here always. Now, it only I had a bigger house.........

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am just loving these Ollie updates! THANK YOU! He is soooooo precious!

    Come on, Ollie, keep hanging tough, little guy... we love you and we are rooting for you to grow up big and strong! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls