My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oliver Gaining Weight - Hand Raising an Ragdoll Kitten



Oliver is gaining a bit of weight and so we are happy. I am still bottle feeding him every 3 hours and will do so for another week. He does have very bad liquid diarrhea. As a little kitten you have to stimulate that area so that he will go. Usually the mom does this. I am not sure Dolly is so I also do this with a cotton ball after each meal and in the morning. I just mail ordered another brand of kitten formula so hopefully this will ease the tummy upsets.
When Oliver hears me coming into his room he jumps up and runs to the door. He is so so adorable. He is a very good runner and only 3.5 weeks old. He was walking pretty good at 2 weeks of age. He had to. He was chasing his mom Dolly begging for more food and she kept getting up and walking away from him. Poor kid.
Poor Oliver is an only kitten. My daughter donated her kitten Webkinz and beanie babies to him. He does sleep with them and they keep him a bit warm. Not the same as a real brother or sister kitten but this is the best we can do. I have to get more kitten webkinz dolls as Oliver had a poop accident on one of them. In the photo above he is hugging one of his dolls. Hopefully in another week he will be bigger than the doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls