My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Friday, September 17, 2010

Ollie Uses The LitterBox - Raising a Ragdoll Kitten :)


I was so excited today. I went into Ollies's room and saw something in the litterbox. I knew it came from him and not his mom Dolly as it was too small. I was so thrilled. This is like when your child is toilet trained or pull-up trained. The days of smells and cleaning and just plain stinky stuff is hopefully gone. Also, no puddles this morning :)
So I fed Oliver and then he tapped my knee and jumped int the litterbox. He squatted but nothing came out. He fumbled out of the box as it is still pretty big for him. He looked proud and right into my face with his BIG EYES. Good boy!
It is amazing as he really is doing this on his own. I remember reading some breeder's websites and they state litterbox trained. If you adopt a 8-12 week old and he isn't using the box you have a problem. Most of this is instinct and with proper care and supervision should be a done deal by 7 weeks the latest. Most I have trained by 5 weeks of age. Some sooner.
Weaning is another story. Oliver will not go and eat on his own. He takes his bottle and then I hand feed him a bit. His teeth are sharp now and he has chomped down on me and made me cry a few times. I have had kittens in a litter who needed or wanted the extra attention. They usually were the smallest ones. I hope he gets it soon as then he can eat whenever he wants and doesn't need me around. Talking about food I am hungry AGAIN!
Hey readers- please leave comments so I know what you like or may want to know more of.
Also please take the poll on the right column of my blog ;)
Oliver the Ragdoll Kitten - Growing up will continue ..................

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO, OLLIE! A Poo-in-the-Box!!!! What a big boy you are!

    Keep up the good work! Your "auntie" in PA is VERY proud of you!!! Hugs and kisses to you, little BIG EYES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Ollie boy. Your brother Winston wishes you well and hope your sweet mother Dolly is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy for Ollie!!

    Keep up the good work, Gail!!

    Love hearing reports of his progress!! It always makes my day!! : )

    ReplyDelete

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls