My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How To Select A Ragdoll Cat Breeder - Breeder Perspective - Part 4 of Series




As a breeder I do welcome questions from a potential adopting family. It shows they are interested and want to make sure they are adopting a loving well adjusted kitten or cat. If you are spending money on anything you should do your homework.



Lynn asked a LOT of questions and it seemed like every day there was an email to answer. She requested lots of photos. Sometimes it took me hours to get one good shot as kittens keep moving when young and my camera is not the newest model. There came a time I would actually look forward to logging on and expecting or hoping for her emails. I even considered her a friend and I felt like I knew her other ragdoll Boo. I was concerned that her expectations might be a bit high and therefore she would be disappointed. I mean you really never know what people expect and how a kitten will adjust to a new home, new people, and new resident cat. The best I could do is have him well socialized and care for him here until he leaves to be in his forever home.






One thing to keep in mind that a kitten is a living thing and thus there is no 100% guarantee on anything. Things do happen whether for the good or bad. Parents can be DNA HCM tested and it is possible that there is another gene yet not identified or a mutation can happen. HCM can develop without the gene. Small chance but still possible. Also kidney, cancer, or any other issues can happen even if never exited in the lines before. This can and does happen in humans also. With life there is good and unfortunately some sorrow can exist too. The best we can do is do our research and make the best decision at the time.






I am happy that I get updates from Lynn, Boo, and Bentley. I get the updates from emails and from her own blog. It is great to see him grow up. He is best buddies with his "brother". Hopefully someday he will be best buddies and snuggle up with his human parents. I think he will :) I remember being a little girl and asking my mother "do you love me or daddy better"? My mom replied I love you both but in different ways. That is how I believe Bentley loves Boo and Lynn and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls