My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Monday, September 13, 2010

Frustration With Petsmart




Today I am frustrated with Petsmart in Wake Forest, NC.


I wish I had a Petco or some similar store nearby so I could avoid them forever. I may choose mail order or a longer drive somewhere and just buy more.




Last week I was running low on newborn kitten milk replacer for little Oliver so I went there to buy KMR which is what he was using. They were out! The dog session had plenty but the cat session had empty shelves. I think went to Walmart and bought Hartz brand. Oliver delivered diarrhea soon after. Whether it was related or not I do not know.

Today I went to Petsmart to buy Royal Canin Babycat dry food. I plan to soon incorporate solids into the little Oliver's diet. They had NO bags of it at all. Not even a definite answer when I asked when will you get it. How many times does this happen? At a smart ragdoll cat breeder I do not buy in bulk as I want food and other items fresh and feel I should and could be able to obtain them when needed. I use RC due to the fact it is the smallest pieces and easy for kittens 4-5 weeks of age to wean onto. Worked well in the past and they seem to like it. I don't buy the kitten or cat food as see nothing special in it and other brands serve me better.

A new pet food store opened a few weeks ago that is nearer to me. They carry "better" brands of food than in the bulk-type stores. The variety of organic and less by-products is loosely defined as "better". What works for one is what is best. More expensive doesn't mean better. I asked and they did not have what I was looking for but I was not surprised. The person there said they would order for me and call me when it is in. Since I did not up any money I really have nothing to lose. Hopefully the price is the same or similar than the bulk-type store :) Customer serve is important to me and I will shop where there is value and availability. Bigger doesn't always mean better either.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls