My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sad Day for a Cat Breeder and Pet Owner

It is always sad to see a pet or someone or something you love suffer and be ill. Last week we had to say goodbye to a tiny little ragdoll kitten named Tim.
He was only 3 weeks old and a sweet blue mitted boy. He was born normal and by the second week of life he was not growing as big or fast as his littermates.
He was supplemented and got extra attention by us and his mom. By week 3 he had trouble walking and his head was quite large.

There was obviously a problem so we took him to the vet with some stuffed dolls for company in the carrier. We comforted him on our laps the whole trip there.
The vet could do nothing and confirmed what I suspected. It was water on the brain. We said goodbye to Tim and tears streamed down my daughter and my face. This is the hardest part of breeding. They said it was rare and nonrecurring but none the less it was dramatic for us.

We took Tim home and buried him in the backyard under a shady tree.
We will always love him and will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls