My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oliver is Olivia !!!!??!!!!


I took Oliver the blue bicolor ragdoll kitten to the vet today to get neutered as a prospective parent is set to adopt him next week. Well at 11:00 the phone is ringing and my heart is racing as it is the vet. Did you bring the right kitten they asked? I only have one I replied in terror. Well we are pretty sure Oliver is a GIRL!

I was so Embarrassed. How could I make this mistake. The last time I looked was at 2-3 weeks of age and the kitten was only concerned with getting bottle fed at that time. Getting up every 2 hours round the clock also didn't help my disposition. And since there was only 1 kitten in the litter I didn't need to differentiate them. Once we named the kitten Oliver (like the movie) it seemed to fit. I guess it is possible I was wrong.


On the positive side: Olivia get a clean bill of health from the vet and I had to beat the vet techs away as they all wanted to pet and hold the kitten. She was purring all the time.

I just heard from the new parent and she is glad to be able to adopt her ragdoll kitten regardless of gender. If fact, she had a wonderful sense of humor about it. Now I am sure Oliver/ Olivia or whatever her new name will be will be well loved and get the attention she deserves.

1 comment:

  1. OHMYWORD, soooooo funny! That little Oliver/Olivia... just full of surprises!!! Well, I can see how that *mistake* could be so easily made... you were awfully busy SAVING THAT BABY'S LIFE in those early weeks to worry too much about re-checking gender! Well, I'm thrilled that she's healthy and strong and going to a wonderful new home where she will be loved and cherished. All's well that ends well, right?! GREAT JOB, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls