My Ragdoll Family

My Ragdoll Family
Megailee Ragdolls

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Should Megailee Ragdolls Add a MINK Ragdoll ?

Megailee Ragdolls has always bred and raised traditional ragdolls. We have blues and seals in every pattern. I strive for healthy happy well socialized kittens.

Recently I have been thinking of adding a mink ragdoll to my small cattery. My reasoning is to cater to those people that want and like the color option. Some breeders and others have strong opinions about this but I think it is mostly due to whom and how they are placed for adoption.







The little boy in the photo is a blue mitted mink ragdoll. Any ragdoll breeder I add would be DNA HCM negative and registered with TICA with a pedigree. I think he is cute.

I believe if you are honest with people and have them understand that the main difference between mink and traditional is the color and color contrast between the points. The eyes are usually aqua (green/blue) vs blue and they are born with color vs white. Fur is not softer and they do not have special powers. Like lynx and the red series they would be a color option for potential ragdoll parents. They currently are not allowed to be shown but all are ragdolls and registered.

What do you think? Should Megailee Ragdolls in NC add a Mink Ragdoll to our breeding program?

4 comments:

  1. I like Minks - but it's your decision. I know that doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think minks are beautiful cats, too, so I'm probably no help, either.

    But since you are asking for opinions (and since they are like noses and we all have 'em!), here's mine. (As you know, I'm no breeder, just a humble slave to two pampered Raggies!)

    Since the Ragdoll is, by accepted breed definition, a "semi-long haired, blue-eyed, pointed breed", it seems to me that the best breeders are the ones who uphold that standard and work hard to better the breed within it.

    So personally, I don't think I would buy a kitten from a breeder who deviated from that breed standard.

    As a consumer, if I were looking specifically for a pedigreed, semi-long-haired, solid color, aqua-eyed kitten that shared similar characteristics to a Ragdoll, I'd buy a well-bred RagaMuffin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally the bi-coloured kitties are the most beautiful. I really wishes Oliver (now Olivia) could have been ours....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have one of every color and pattern (almost every) but that is not possible.
    They are all so beautiful!

    Olivia a.k.a. was special and is in a good home. There were a few good families for her but shipping was also a consideration especially this time of year. She is only a few hours away and I wish I could have kept her also. She is happy and I have had updates.

    Maybe if I had a bigger home and a full time housekeeper all would be possible.

    ReplyDelete

My Ragdoll Kitten Family

My Ragdoll Kitten Family
Megailee Ragdolls